DISPUTE RESOLUTIONS & INTERNAL AFFAIRS
Our team has a proactive approach to dispute resolution based on sound knowledge and experience of local and international litigation and arbitration procedures.
Our team has assisted clients in their litigation strategies, in the management of cross-border disputes and has solid experience in handling disputes subject to the rules of major arbitration institutions such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Rules and The United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) Rules
Our lawyers have notably acted for the Vietnamese government in a major international arbitration proceeding governed by the UNCITRAL Rules; and on behalf of a leading international oil and gas company in a dispute with a top State owned enterprise subject to resolution by arbitration under the ICC Rules.
Our team has represented several leather shoe manufacturers in anti-dumping proceedings instituted by the EU.
Our lawyers have also acted for:
- A joint venture between two leading international engineering and construction companies as Contractor in international arbitration proceedings, held under the ICC Rules, against a leading State agency in a construction contract dispute concerning a landmark
project in Hanoi.
- A consortium of international lenders in respect of a US$600 million loan granted to a Vietnamese state owned corporation on the verge of bankruptcy which had defaulted on its repayment obligations. Advising on the validity and enforceability of the dispute resolution clause under the Facility Agreement under Vietnamese law; advising on the recognition and enforcement of foreign court judgments and foreign arbitral awards under Vietnamese law. Advising on bankruptcy proceedings under Vietnamese law.
- A French commodities company in a potential BIT claim against the Vietnamese government in respect of substantial debts owed to the French company by a number of State owned enterprises
- Advising a project management company in respect of a dispute with the project owner concerning the implementation and termination of a construction management contract for a luxury hotel project in Nha Trang. Assisting the client in assessing and preparing a claim before the Vietnam International Arbitration Centre.
- Providing a formal legal opinion on behalf of a leading international engineering and construction company on the validity and enforceability of an arbitration agreement contained in a construction contract entered into between the company and a local government authority for a major infrastructure project in Hanoi.